How to setup custom tracking domain?
Why should you setup up a custom tracking domain?
The reputation of a domain plays a vital role in email deliverability. It may determine whether your email will land in the recipient's spam folder or primary inbox. Saleshandy allows users to use a custom tracking domain to improve email deliverability when sending emails using Saleshandy.
Custom domain links are used for:
- Unsubscribe: This replaces the generic tracking domain from the Unsubscribe button in your emails.
- Email Open: This replaces the generic tracking domain to track opens from your emails.
- Link Click: This replaces the generic tracking domain from any link you have in your emails.
Using a custom tracking domain, you can replace Saleshandy's generic and shared tracking domains with your domain for the emails sent from your Saleshandy account. It allows your domain to establish its own reputation with email receivers. Ultimately, the custom tracking domain removes Saleshandy's domain from the email tracking and uses your own domain, so recipients' email providers trust your emails more.
How to set up a custom domain in your Saleshandy profile?
To set up a custom tracking domain in your account, you need to create a CNAME record in the DNS manager of your domain and then link that custom domain to your Saleshandy account.
Step 1: Create a CNAME record in the DNS manager of your domain.
- Log into your hosting account, where your domain is hosted.
- Go to DNS manager.
- Create a new CNAME type record using the below-mentioned details.
- Put go in the Host field.
- Put watch.saleshandy.com in the Points to/Value field.
- Choose the default option in TTL and save it.
Please note that DNS settings and the above steps may vary depending upon what hosting provider you're using (For example, some DNS providers may refer Host as Name and Points To as Alias or Address). You can refer to the below articles as per your hosting provider. You can search the instructions on the internet if you can't find your hosting provider in the below list:
- Click here if your hosting provider is GoDaddy.
- Click here if your hosting provider is NameCheap.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Bluehost.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Cloudflare.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Hostgator.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Google Domains.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Wix DNS.
- Click here if your hosting provider is Hostinger.
- Click here if your hosting provider is SiteGround.
Note: It takes some time for the DNS (Domain Name System) to update the settings for your domain. DNS may take longer to update your settings. The waiting time varies from a few minutes up to 48 hours (in extreme cases).
You will be able to link your custom tracking domain to your Saleshandy only after the CNAME record you create, is propagated by your hosting provider.
Step 2: Link a custom tracking domain to your Saleshandy account.
- Access your Saleshandy account.
- Navigate to the Settings page and then the Custom Tracking Domain tab.
- Click Add Custom Domain button. In the pop-up, choose the email account for which you want to link this custom domain and put custom tracking domain value which will be go+yourdomain (For example, if the domain is saleshandyteam.com, the custom domain value would be go.saleshandyteam.com as shown below).